March 21, 2022
Ken Anselment/Amy Cembor
Amy Cembor, Senior Associate Dean of Admission at Providence College (go Friars!) and former president of New England Association for College Admission Counseling, shares insights about life on the secondary and higher ed sides of the table, resistance against just going after what's next, and a story about an unfortunate mic drop moment in Las Vegas that, were this a video podcast, would reveal deep shades of red on Ken's face. 5
Shout-outs to Darryl Uy, Marie Bigham and LaSalle Bakery.
- Walkout song: Standing Outside the Fire by Garth Brooks
- Best recent read: Untamed by Glennon Doyle.
- Eager to read next: Anything by Elin Hilderbrand that can serve as a beach read
- Favorite podcast: Dare to Lead and Unlocking Us, both by Brene Brown.
- Favorite thing to make in the kitchen: Karen Chen (Oklahoma State) has a killer recipe for garlic mashed potatoes with cream cheese and bacon.
- What he uses to take and keep notes: Listmaster app ... and conference giveaway notepads..
- Memorable bit of advice: "People will forget what you said and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."
- Bucket list: Get my Ph.D!
Theme music arranged by Ryan Anselment.