May 08, 2023
Ken Anselment/Boyd Bradshaw
Boyd Bradshaw, the inaugural Vice President for Enrollment Management at Towson University (MD), discusses Towson's new comprehensive and integrated approach to enrollment—from recruitment to graduation—and what it has been like organizing the institution around that work. We also learn Boyd's secret and surprising skill that he carries with him to this day.
- Walkout songs: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
- Best recent read: A Profession on the Edge by Eric Hoover
- Eager to read next: "the next thing to come into my inbox"
- Favorite podcast: Best Podcast in Baseball (much to the chagrin of Ken, a lifelong Milwaukee Brewers fan, it's about the St. Louis Cardinals)
- Favorite thing to make in the kitchen: Grilling out is his jam, especially potato, onion, peppers and butter in foil.
- What he uses to take and keep notes: old fashioned notebook and Post-Its.
- Memorable bit of advice: "Focus on the positive."
- Bucket list: To be working for a college that gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament while he is the VP for Enrollment.
Theme music arranged by Ryan Anselment.
Many thanks to the National Association for College Admission Counseling for supporting this podcast through the NACAC Podcast Network.